No one can resist marveling over the secret beauty of seashells that are washed up on the shore by the mighty hypnotizing tides of the sea. Seashells are one of those nature’s gems that look spectacular and drawn by this exquisite appearance; we human have been collecting these prehistoric predecessors to gold and diamonds for tens and thousands of years. Nestled in the ancient civilizations and a tradition that is followed by many craft communities, as well as other individuals, seashell crafts or the cowries, are of variegated forms and hues.
Little treasures that never cease to delight!
If you want to bring the seaside memories to your home, then there is no better option than seashell crafts. Whether bought from a craft store or found on the beach, shells can create stunning work of art some of which can be of great utility in your home stationary and can add a flair of beach to your home. Hoping to break the everyday craving for the sea, surprisingly, these are some craft ideas that can lighten up your mood while being confined to the beach theme.
- You can use the swirling colors of the seashells and incorporate them in a beach detailed flower holder as you repurpose any tin can with beach finds.
- Beach memory jars are one of the other DIY crafts that you can make by collecting clear jars and filling them with sands and seashells on top of them. Label the container with the name of the beach, and your memory will be stored forever.
- Beach treasure boxes are one of the other sensational alternatives that can wake your inner Jack Sparrow. Apart from that, there are glass-topped tables as well can be a perfect place to keep your little treasure boxes.
- You can also make a shell rimmed mirror or photo frame that will look like it is taken straight from the ocean out of Ariel’s life. Making a keyring is another option where you can use the seashells, and that would look stunning.
- You can also make wall hangings and wind chimes by using shells and conchs. Add the shells with twine or threads or just frame them and Voila! Your masterpiece is ready.
- Besides that, you can also make shells and twine bookmarks, shell card embellishments, shell wreath and discover much more depending on your choice.
The trinket of joy!
The most prominent use of seashell crafts is using them in jewelry or using them in hair accessories and as embellishments on clothes. Cowries especially are an instant hit for bags and shoes, and you can find a bewildering range of varieties in designs that look quirky and ethnic enough to bring your inner bohemian side out. If you don’t even know what do with shells, then give your kids to paint them as per their choice, and you would notice stunning patterns and designs that show creativity on every inch on the tiny shell.
The concluding line
Nature is full of wonders that can leave you speechless and shells are undeniably one of them. Combing the beach for shells can help you to make many astounding artworks that can bring the beach to your home. Shells are much more than just looking pretty. They have a huge environmental impact; algae take shelter in them, hermit crabs carry these seashells as their armor and birds build their nests using shells.
This is why most researchers argue that rather than keeping these pretty beach tokens for ourselves, we can leave them untouched, but sustainable shell farming can also be done that will do no harm to the ocean ecosystem.